Ecological landscape design is for people who:
- Want their kids and grandkids, pets, pollinators and birds to romp and fly around their yard in a healthy habitat that supports the web of life – without the health risks of conventional landscape practices and chemicals
- Steward their land and value collaboration with nature and the environment more than having a perfectly manicured lawn and landscape
- Use their resources wisely, save time and money, and enjoy a robust, sometimes messy, natural landscape
How to keep your design natural:
- We start with a three-fold discovery process—one to help tease out your vision, dream and lifestyle; one for existing site conditions—to discover what the site may robustly support with the least input of resources, over time; and one to establish expectations, knowing that design and installation are just the beginning of a natural process where maintenance (time and money) is everything. In other words, what is your dream, and how can we manifest it in a way that is reasonable and realistic for you?
- Once we have these in place, Carol will sketch out concept design(s) for discussion that will bring to the surface further info about what makes sense for you – and doesn’t.
- The process is iterative and collaborative, and we’ll create a master plan for success that can be implemented over time.
- Plant selection will be at least 2/3 native plants that support local wildlife and our broader shared ecosystem that supports the whole web of life.